Enter your email address below to register for Paddling Life’s 2015 Sweepstakes!
Just enter your email address to enter to win great prizes, including a Thule Hull-A-Port Aero (model 838), NRS Drytop and two-day raft trip for two down Costa Rica’s Pacuare River from Rios Tropicales & NRS Ninja PFD! See below for more details.
Drawing will be held Dec. 31, 2014. Winners will be notified by email.
Thule Hull-A-Port Aero (model 838)
Low-profile kayak carrier which locks to the load bar for increased security.
- SureGrip Padding: on both base and mast conforms to the hull to protect the kayak
- Fits Multiple Rack Systems: Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks with both T-Track and around the bar mounting options
- Spring-Loaded Hub System: easy to reach and fold down the carrier
- Quick On/Off Hardware: FlipFit bracket installs and removes quick and easy
- Lockable: Thule’s One-key lock cylinders (sold separately) lock the carrier to the vehicle
- QuickDraw Bow/Stern Tie Downs and Two Center Straps: secures the kayak and buckle bumpers will not scratch the vehicle
- Made from corrosion-resistant steel mast tubes fold making the carrier durable and more aerodynamic.
- MSRP: $199.95
- Available: February 1, 2015
NRS Ninja PFD
The Ninja’s low-profile design gives you total freedom of movement for paddling, rowing and swimming. Its quick-release side entry provides easy on-and-off, and six adjustment points customize the fit. Soft PlushFIT (™) foam panels conform to your body for comfort. The floating front panel improves fit and mobility while providing a warm spot for your hands. The mesh front pocket holds the essentials, and a well-placed lash tab holds your rescue knife. 500-denier Cordura(R) shell wears like iron. Design Flotation: 16.5 lbs.
Kokatat Maximus Prime PFD (MSRP $219)
Kokatat Maximus Centurion Type 5 Rescue PFD. As comfortable as its predecessors, the Centurion adds storage capacity and a redesigned top pocket that is more accessible, and comes standard with the accessory Belly Pocket that has three pockets for organizing essentials and will fit a VHF radio. The Centurion features the Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) with wide, contoured shoulder straps that allow an independently suspended front flotation panel to move with the paddler. Additionally, webbing adjustments have been moved to the front of the vest for easy fit adjustments. Made with all Gaia® foam, the Centurion also features a quick release safety harness with O-ring. The Centurion will be USCG, Transport Canada, and European Union (ISO) approved.
- 500 denier Cordura® outer shell
- Front-and-center webbing adjustments
- Low profile, fully adjustable, side-entry design
- Wide, contoured neoprene shoulder straps for unsurpassed comfort and mobility
- Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) allows unrestricted movement of front flotation panels
- Full spine and side coverage provide unparalleled protection
- Front lash tab, strobe anchor on vest back
- Large, gusseted front pocket
- Compatible with Kokatat electronics sling, one-hand operation for VHF/GPS
- Quick release chest harness and O-ring, tether/tow system ready
- Stretch mesh sleeve for cowtail or River Tow Tether
- USCG, Transport Canada and CE approved
Color: red, navy, yellow
Sizes and Buoyancy lb/oz: XS/S (16/05), M/L (17/05), XL/XXL (18/00)<!– Click here for info –>
Pacuare Raft Trip! ($600 value!)
Reward yourself with a two day trip on the Rio Pacuare, outfitted by the internationally recognized Rio Tropicales! Paddle 18 miles of picturesque class III-IV Costa Rican whitewater through densely vegetated gorges burgeoning with exotic wildlife. While you’re off the water you’ll soak by waterfalls and relax in a camp with all the amenities, sleeping in bungalows and being catered to by your guides.