Everybody loves some good paddling porn; and this year the Reel Paddling Film Festival is bringing all manners of sick paddling flicks to more than 101 cities around the U.S. and Canada.
This is an up-and-coming international paddling film tour with 34 short-listed films screening in host cities by paddling shops, clubs and events.
Now in its seventh year, the Reel Paddling Film Festival premiered in February at the Royal Cinema in Toronto, hosted by local canoe and kayak specialty retailer The Complete Paddler. “We had nearly 200 people attend, with lots of prizes and giveaways from sponsors,” said Katie Mutton, Assistant Manager of The Complete Paddler. “This was definitely our most successful show yet. It’s nice to see the word spreading and more and more people taking part in this event.”
“We have more screenings in more cities than ever before,” says Scott MacGregor, Founder and Publisher of Rapid Media, representing the Film Festival. “With so many new paddling shops, clubs and events hosting the World Tour, we’re well on our way to blowing 100 showings right out of the water.”
The winning 2012 films in nine categories are:
1. Best Sea Kayaking Film: Rescues – Sea Kayak with Gordon Brown
2. Best Canoeing Film: Tracing the Columbia
3. Best Whitewater Film: Wildwater
4. Best Kayak Fishing Film: ExOfficio Presents Kayak Fishing: Game On 4
5. Best Environmental Paddling Film: The Pipedreams Project
6. Best Paddling Documentary: Chasing Water
7. Best Amateur/Short Paddling Film: So Fine
8. Best Instructional Paddling Film: Advanced Classic Solo Canoeing with Becky Mason
9. Best Stand-up Paddling Film: Standup 4 Great Bear
For more information or to find out how to bring the Reel Paddling Film Festival World Tour to a city near you, visit reelpaddlingfilmfestival.com.