In January, Jackson began shipping its new Liska fishing kayak, named after Jackson’s previous European Team Manager who was taken tragically by an avalanche skiing in France two years ago.
“Jan Liska was played a large role in the development of kayak angling in Europe. His mantra was always ‘try it, you’ll love it’ and he spent much of his time focused on both introducing anglers to kayaking and encouraging lasting enthusiasm in paddle sports” says James McBeath, Marketing Director. “He continually strove to ensure the experience in any kayak lead to a lifetime of paddling.”
Liska was an national level whitewater kayaker and an avid kayak angler. In 2012 he moved to a full time position as Jackson Kayak’s first European team manager and began to promote kayak angling in regions which saw little penetration. His efforts, enthusiasm and smile, says McBeath, quickly turned into a movement.
“The Jackson Kayak team grew under his enthusiasm and within two years the market place took off in many countries across Europe–mostly thanks to Jan and his growing team’s efforts,” McBeath says. “Sadly we lost Jan to an avalanche accident in France in 2016. His legacy as one who lived to share the sport he loved we hope lives on in this kayak.”
This new fishing offering combines both the versatility of Jackson’s top selling Cuda series with the stability and modernization of the Mayfly in a new fishing platform the company calls easy to use, comfortable, standable, fully equipped, fast tracking and light. “It’s ideal for bringing new enthusiasts into kayak angling and upgrading those hoping to evolve in their kayak angling,” says McBeath.
• Wider hull creates a more stable standing platform than the original Cuda, meaning it is better suited to larger paddlers, beginners and more gear.
• Stand and sit with ease – comfortable, padded standing area is standard.
• Hi-Lo Ergo seat system features hi/lo positioning and track-mounted seat system means infinite trimming fore and aft. The seat can still easily be removed for use at camp or lounging on the bank, or replacement with an Orion 25 Cooler™ with Handibak™.
• Center hatch with easy fish-finder integration option and/or ample tackle storage while maximizing floor area. Single track on top of cover for mounting accessories.
• Multiple rod, tackle and deck storage options.
• Transducer ready
• Gear tracks on either side of seat and on large open stern storage area.
• Flush mount rod holders
• Standard accessories like RAM Mounts® fishing rod holder
• Paddle holder molded in front hatch.
• Molded handle on stern
• MSRP $1,349